FENCE PROCEDURES FOR WADES GROVE IN SPRING HILL TN
What are the fence procedures for Wades Grove in Spring Hill TN? The community of Wades Grove in Spring Hill TN requires all fences be pre approved before any work begins. This short article should prove helpful and time saving if you are planning to install a fence for your home in Wades Grove in Spring Hill TN.
1) First off, if you saved your walk through package, look in the blue John Maher Builders folder, that you received at your walk through and look for your plot plan. The plot plan is a 8 1/2 x11 sheet of paper that will have your lot information and boundaries of your lot drawn out. If you cannot locate that, then you can contact John Maher Builders main office at (931) 489-1981 to request a copy of your plot plan.
2) I suggest you only call one of the approved fence builders below to save time and headaches. It only makes good sense to get a bid before going any further in the process at this point. Currently there are 4 approved fence builders in Wades Grove Community.
- Maury Fence Company Phone (931) 381-2980 (which is who currently does all of John Maher Builders fencing)
- Davidson Fence Company Phone:(931) 388-9698.
- Franklin Fence Company (615) 790-8428
- 4) American Fence and Gate (615) 794-0523
Our Home owners Association, (HOA), in Wades Grove is managed by Debbie McCoy at Hometown Property Management (615) 975-9570. She can supply you with the list of any additional approved fence builders as they become available. When you meet with the fencing company, show them your plot plan and ask for assistance, showing where the fence will be, and ask for their help by placing a series of x’s drawn on your plot plan that shows where the planned fence will be. (You will need this later when you apply for a permit and also when you submit for HOA approval). Here is a short cut form that Debbie may supply you or you can download it here for a terse review of what os needed for a fence, swings or outbuilding waiver. Architectural_Request_Checklist_(2)
3) After you are satisfied with the price and once you have decided to move forward with the fence. You will then be required to locate the survey pins. This is to avoid the legal and costly possibility of building on someone else’s property. Surveys can cost well over $500.00, however if you call Stanford and Associates, (who did the original site work with John Maher Builders for all of Wades Grove), he has been discounting surveys to around $200. Their phone number is (931) 486-2441. You are always welcome to use any approved surveyor.
4) Once you have met with the fence company you will be required to pull a permit from the City of Spring Hill, which is at City Hall (615) 248-6307 press 4 for Buildings and codes if you wish to speak with someone. The city of Spring Hill charges for fence permits and they currently cost $25.00 at the time of this article. You will be required to complete a Fence Application and a Fence Waiver with your $25.00 permit fee to the city.
5) Here are the 4 forms you need that you can download here.
The City application APPLICATION FOR FENCE
The City fence waiver FENCE WAIVER FORM
Wades Grove/Builder Waiver Fence Waiver for Wades Grove in Spring Hill TN
6) Complete all 4 of the forms and sign them, make sure to draw the X’s where the fence is to be installed on your plot plan (per your contractor). Again you might enlist the fencing contractor’s help when you meet up with them and have them draw in where the fence would be installed, since they do this for a living that should be easy. Attach all four forms and a copy of your plot plan and take to City Hal.
7) The City of Spring Hill, Building and Codes department is located at 199 Towne Center Parkway which is located behind Home Depot here in Spring Hill. and take the four completed forms, a copy of your plot plan and a check for $25.00 to
8) After you have your permit in hand copies of all 4 signed forms and a copy of the completed plot plan, make another set of copies to send off. You can either:
A) Email scanned in copies to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
B) or mail to:Hometown Property Management, LLC, P.O. Box 2000, Spring Hill TN 37174 OR
C) Hand carry to Hometown Property Management to ( Call before you drive (931) 451-5523 )4922 Port Royal Rd., Unit B8, Suite D, Spring Hill TN 37174
9) It can take as long as 30 days for a fencing approval with a vast majority happening mach faster. If YOU HAVE NOT HEARD BACK in 21 days, you can contact Debbie’s office by email at email@example.com or by phone at 615-975-9570 or (931) 451-5523.
10) Sit back and Enjoy your new fence!
I hope this research is helpful for you and that your fence gets installed as easily and professionally as mine was when we bought our home in Wades Grove. If I can ever assist you with providing information on your home, or if you are thinking about selling or would like to trade up or down in a different home, Have family or friends you just want to show a few homes to,please call on me. You might also want to view our latest price list to see where your plan now is selling for.